We Are Open!
For RMT, Acupuncture, Naturopathic & Chiropractic Services and Infrared Sauna.
Cranio Sacral Therapy
CranioSacral Therapy is a gentle, hands-on method of evaluating and enhancing the functioning of the craniosacral system - this system is comprised of the membranes and cerebrospinal fluid that surround and protect the brain and spinal cord.
Various doctors from around the world have developed CST over the years, and it is widely used by Osteopathic Doctors. John E. Upledger, an Osteopathic Doctor, extensively and scientifically studied CranioSacral Therapy from 1975 - 1983 at Michigan State University where he served as a clinical researcher and Professor of Biomechanics. He is now the international leader in teaching CST to health care practitioners.
Using a soft touch, practitioners release restrictions in the craniosacral system in order to improve the functioning of the central nervous system.
By enhancing the body's natural healing processes, CST is increasingly used as a preventative health measure for it's ability to strengthen the body's resistance to disease, and is effective for a wide range of medical problems associated with pain and dysfunction including:
- Brain and spinal cord injuries
- Central Nervous System Disorders
- Chronic Fatigue
- Chronic Neck and Back Pain
- Emotional Difficulties (Somata Emotional Release)
- Fibromyalgia and other Connective-Tissue Disorders
- Immune Disorders
- Infantile Disorders
- Learning Disabilities
- Migraine Headaches
- Motor-Coordination Impairments
- Post-Surgical Dysfunction
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Stress and Tension-Related Problems
- Temporomandibular Joint Syndrome (TMJ)