This service is performed by either a Registered Massage Therapist and is covered by insurance.
Shiatsu is a popular style of oriental bodywork therapy that can help you to maintain better health and ease the aches and stresses of daily life. Sometimes called acupressure massage, shiatsu helps to promote healing by balancing the flow of energy in the meridians (channels) and creating greater harmony of body, mind and emotions. It is a penetrative but at the same time non-invasive form of massage.
How can Shiatsu help you?
- Relaxation & stress relief
- Neck & shoulder pain / muscular stiffness & flexibility
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Tiredness / stress / anxiety
- Back pain / sciatica
- Headaches / migraines
- Insomnia / digestive problems
- PMS / menstrual pain
- Arthritis / fibromyalgia
What can I expect from a treatment?
- The therapist works through clothing and provides soothing and continuous pressure using thumbs, palms, knees, and elbows while the recipient is either in a lying or sitting position.
- Passive stretching and gentle mobilization is also performed on tight joints; the client lies and gets stretched; no oils are used and the person is asked to wear comfortable clothing.
Can I Combine Shiatsu With Massage Therapy?
- You may choose to combine your shiatsu treatment with massage therapy. In this case oil is used and you would receive the treatment draped between 2 sheets as in a conventional massage (completely covered under RMT insurance). This session is offered with Oxana Krylova, RMT or Linda (Ly-Dai) Chang RMT.